You'll never walk alone

the cyber journal of spiller

Thursday, June 22, 2006

La Vie Boheme

I don't know why I bought this initially, probably because it's not as "mainstream" as Cats, Miss Saigon and etc, or maybe it's a Pulitzer and Tony Award winning musical?

Rent, a must watch for musical lovers.

But the moment I saw the first 10 minutes, I knew I've made an excellent purchase. I'm not the fan of musical movies but somehow I like this because it makes you feel the ups and downs of these characters. And how they convey all this not only through dialogue, but through song as well.

My favourite character is Angel (Wilson Jermaine Heredia). Overall I'll give it a 7.5/10, well, not because it's not good enough, simply because I'm more into drama and comedy movies, hehe. Screw Chicago, this is much better!

Nevertheless, go get the DVD coz these guys can really sing well! I wonder why they didn't participate in American Idol? Sure win!

My favourite song of the movie: Seasons of Love (apparently the soundtrack is very much worth listening as well):

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes.
Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear.
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes.
How do you measure, measure a year?

In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights in cups of coffee.
In inches, in miles in laughter in strife.
In five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure a year in the life?
How about love? How about love? How about love? Measure in love... seasons of love.

No day but Today, yeah well said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home